Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Buy a Car for a Cause

Most of you know the story of our recent "almost-adoption". Just a month ago, we were one piece of paperwork away from becoming parents to a precious little Taiwanese girl with a brain injury. It was clear that God was calling us to pursue this adoption.

Even though it was "crazy".
Even though we had our hands full with 3 kids.
Even though it was scary and inevitably life-changing.

We prayed and fasted, asking God to show us CLEARLY what He wanted to do. And we just wanted to be faithful, trusting God to guide us and protect us. I cannot tell you how much our lives changed through this process. Completely...I mean, COMPLETELY...trusting God gives you a different perspective on life forever. The purpose of this blog is not to tell this story, so I'll keep it short and save the details for another time. But, in short, God clearly told us to stop when we were so close to bringing her home. We didn't understand why at the time, but we knew we had to stop pursuing this adoption. We spent more time in prayer, crying out to God for some understanding.

I questioned Him.
I doubted myself and our motives.
My heart was broken in a million pieces and I couldn't see the purpose.

One night when I was on my knees, praying for God's peace and understanding, a friend from a past Bible study came to mind. I felt that I should write her and tell her about this baby. I only spent a few weeks with her about 2 years ago, but I knew she worked with special needs children...so I thought, at the least, she could get the word out on her blogs. After a couple of correspondences, I was amazed to learn how God had been preparing her for this moment, just as He was using us. She told me that she and her husband had been praying about it, and when it came time to post the information onto her blog...she couldn't. She said she felt like they weren't praying for a little girl in Taiwan -- they were praying for their DAUGHTER. I think in that moment, my heart must have stopped. All of the heart-ache we'd been through and all the money we'd spent...it WAS to bring this baby home, just not in the way that we had planned. God used us to connect the dots, and I am so grateful. Not only did we help find her family, her family lives 15 miles away from us! In a couple of months I will get to hold her. I'll get to see her grow up. I'll be here to help in any way that I can. God's grace astounds me.

So that's where we are now. Here to help. We've decided to sell our car (one that we're not using) and give 100% of the money to her adoptive family to bring her home. So, if you or someone you know wants a good, reliable car...please let me know! The sooner we sell it, the sooner we can get this baby home! Email me at chrisganna@hotmail.com if you are interested, and I can send you details and pictures. It is a 2000 Honda Accord. It has had lots of work to bring it up to excellent working condition. $5,000.

4 comments:

  1. Friend...I am even more thankful for you and for your faithfulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so heart-warming and sweet! :) It is very kind of you to adopt this precious little Taiwanese girl with a brain injury. That's willingness and dedication, indeed! That 2000 Honda Accord will surely be a big help for you and her. Only a few people are as faithful as you are. Kudos! :)

    [Lisa Otto]

    ReplyDelete